The IMA Houston Chapter is having a volunteer event with The Houston Food Bank at their Warehouse location on 06/03/2023 from 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO REGISTER SO THAT YOU CAN RECEIVE YOUR OWN QR CODE. http://houstonfoodbank.civicore.com/index.php?section=indGpRegistrations&action=conditional&fwID=81350 .
Additional Information from the Food Bank
Volunteer support is critical to our mission of food for better lives! The Houston Food Bank utilizes volunteers six days a week at our main warehouse. Whether you come out as an individual or part of a group, we are certain you will have an enjoyable, positive experience.
Description of Duties
Varies with the makeup volunteers for shift. Most of the projects at the warehouse involve inspecting, sorting, and repackaging of donated food items for community distribution.
Address Houston Food Bank
535 Portwall St.
Houston, TX. 77029
From Downtown: Take IH-10 east and exit Gellhorn St. (exit #774). Make a U-turn at Gellhorn, stay on feeder and turn right on Portwall St.
If space permits it, you may park in the front parking lot, but in the event of a large volunteer turnout, you may be directed to our overflow lot located behind the building.
CLOSED-TOE SHOES REQUIRED - casual dress, long pants (preferred), t-shirt with sleeves. Bring work gloves if desired.
We count on your generous donation of time; however, if you are unable to make it, please log in to your Volunteer Profile to cancel your registration or contact a Houston Food Bank Volunteer Scheduling Team member at email@example.com for additional assistance.
- Media Reminders: As always, we love for our volunteer groups to document, photograph and share on social media their Houston Food Bank volunteer experience, feel free to tag us. Thank you for your support.
- For your safety, bags and purses are not allowed in project areas. Lockers are provided for storing any items you don't want to keep in your car, but keep personal and valuable items to a minimum (i.e., electronics, jewelry, money, etc.), as HFB is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- Special accommodations needed? Just let us know before your volunteer shift so we can plan accordingly.
- Remember to wear closed-toe and closed-heel shoes so your feet are protected and dress in layers so you will be comfortable throughout your shift.
- If you reserved a volunteer shift in the kitchen, please wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves. For food safety, shorts, sleeveless shirts, and jewelry are not allowed in the kitchen.