Join us on Tuesday, March 16 at 6:30 pm for our virtual Houston IMA meeting. The topic is, "Enhancing the Employee Experience" by Florence Bell, Controller, Community Medical Centers, Inc.
Members, Students and Guests:
Cost is free
This course answers the following questions:
- What is the employee experience?
- How does the employee experience differ from employee engagement?
- What are the benefits and challenges of enhancing the employee experience?
- How do employees view the employee experience and how does that differ from the organizational view?
- What elements influence employee experience?
- How can we collect data to measure the employee experience?
- What KPIs can we use to measure the employee experience?
- How can I, as a manager, have a positive impact on the employee experience?
The goal of this course is to provide management accountants with the leadership abilities to enhance the employee experience within their organization in order to help retain employees and enhance organizational performance.
Define employee experience and differentiate it from employee engagement
Describe the benefits of and challenges to enhancing the employee experience
Identify processes or methods for measuring the employee experience
Explain the manager’s responsibilities for developing the employee experience
CPE Credits: 1.5
Advanced Preparation: None
Course Level: Intermediate
Field of Study: Personal Development
Course Delivery: Group Internet
About the Presenter
Florence Bell, CMA, CBC, has been a member of IMA since 2006 and is currently part of the Sacramento Chapter of the Golden West Council.
Currently serving as Controller at Community Medical Centers Inc., Florence plays a key role in managing the financial operations of this Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) organization. While based in Canada, she served as CFO for Carolina Group of privately held companies, President of Evergreen Centre Condo Corporation and provided senior operations finance leadership for Rubbermaid Canada’s consumer and commercial business units. Florence previously held senior financial leadership roles at Levolor, Volvo, GMAC, and Pepsi. She has helped shape organizational strategies and developed high-performing teams through a strengths-based leadership.
An IMA Platinum-Level Leader, Florence is also a Certified Behavioral Consultant and Interpersonal Wellness Coach. She earned her MBA from Elon University and bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.